Planning on selling your home? You may want to consider what role your house number plays in the process! Whether or not we choose to admit it, we all have a number which we consider to be ‘lucky’! And if you do discover that your house number is considered ‘unlucky’, it is possible to put in a request with the Town of Oakville to have it changed!!
It is worth noting that Chinese numerology is based upon the sound that the number makes when said aloud. If that sound is similar to a word with negative connotations, then that particular number is considered unlucky. In Western numerology, it is up to the individual to discern the best energy possible from each number.
Here is a brief overview of the numbers as they relate to Chinese numerology:
- In some dialects, ‘one’ is similar to the word ‘honor’.
- The Chinese phrase “good things come in pairs” refers to ‘two’ which also sounds like the words for ‘sure’ and ‘easy’, also representing stability and symmetry.
- Sounds similar to the Chinese words for ‘birth’, associated with life and abundance.
- Considered to be a highly unlucky number as the word ‘four’ sounds like the word for ‘death’. It is avoided at all costs.
- It can be both a positive and a negative. ‘Five’ is associated with the 5 elements of nature but it sounds like the word ‘no’.
- Sounds like the Chinese word for ‘wealth’, associated with ease and fortune.
- Another positive number, it sounds like the words used to convey ‘connectivity’ and ‘togetherness’.
- The most prosperous of numbers, it is worked into daily life as much as possible (addresses, wedding dates, cash gifts, etc.) The opening ceremony of the Beijing Summer Olympics began on 8/8/08 at 8 minutes past the local time of 8 pm!!
- Sounds like the word ‘long lasting’ indicating longevity, a positive!
In Western culture, the number 13 has long been considered an unfavourable number which is why you will still find highrises and office buildings without a 13th floor! One final note, 7 is the rare number that is considered to be ‘lucky’ in both Eastern and Western cultures!